Community Center Events
At Eldred Township Community Center (ETCC), 510 Kunkletown Road:
• Volunteers wanted: Can you donate an hour of your time a week? Do you like to play games? Do you have an interesting program to present (i.e. travel program, instruction, etc)? The ETCC is looking for community members to share their experiences with others. Call 610-381-4252, ext. 2
• Mondays (except Dec. 25), acoustical jam sessions, free and open to the public. Bring an instrument or just come listen.
• Tuesdays, 7 p.m., crochetingg. All skill levels welcome. Free, but donations appreciated.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., sewing and quilting. All skill levels welcome.
• Thrift store hours: Wednesdays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Holiday sales are going on all month.
• Rooms available for community and private functions. Call 610-381-4252, ext. 2.
Dog License Information
It is state law all dogs three months or older must have a current-year license, or be subject to a $300 fine per dog. 2017 licenses will be available Dec. 1 through Dec. 31. Prices: male-female $8.50. Neuter-spayed $6.50. Senior/disabled male-female $6.50. Senior/disabled $4.50.
In order to provide added convenience and service to the pet owner the office will mail dog renewal post cards for each dog directly to you. You can also print an application from monroecountypa.gov/treasurer. You can purchase your license in the office, 1 Quaker Plaza, room 103, in Stroudsburg. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Closed holidays. If applying via mail, fill out application and make check payable to Monroe County Treasurer.
If you no longer have a dog, call 570-517-3182. If you are a new dog owner and cannot obtain an application, call the office.
Winter Break Nature Camp
The Lackawanna College Environmental Education Center, 93 MacKenzie Road in Covington Township will hold a Winter Break Nature Camp, Wednesday through Friday, Dec. 27-29, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. There will be plenty of outdoor play and exploration along with indoor, winter-themed games, activities, crafts and snacks. The program is open to children ages 6-13. The cost is $135 for all three days. Pre-registration is required prior to Friday, Dec. 8, and space is limited. To register or for more information, call 570-842-1506.
Intro to Fly Tying
The Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited is offering a six-session “introduction to fly tying” course in January and February. The course will introduce students to the tools and techniques needed to enjoy this pastime. Through the class the students will tie 11 different flies, each chosen to provide instruction on a different technique. Students will receive additional materials to allow them to practice at home between classes. Loaner equipment is available from the chapter for $5, plus a $20 deposit. There will be prizes for students at each class.
Session one will be on Wednesday Jan. 10, at 6:30 p.m. at Stroudsburg Junior High School, 1901 Chipperfield Drive in Stroudsburg. Sessions two through six will be on Saturdays, Jan. 13 through Feb. 10, at 9 a.m. at Kettle Creek Environmental Education Center, 8050 Running Valley Road, Stroudsburg. Cost is $25 for chapter members, $40 for non-members (includes a one-year membership to Trout Unlimited). To register call 570-355-0165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.